Monday, February 20, 2023

Doom: The Original Online Shooter

Ah, the good old days of online gaming. I remember my first experience with Doom like it was yesterday. It was the mid-90s, and I was just a kid with a brand new PC. Doom was the first game that made me truly appreciate the power of my new computer. It was also the first time I discovered the joys and frustrations of online gaming.

Back then, we had to use dial-up internet to connect to the game servers. You could hear the screeching sound of the modem as it tried to connect. And once you were finally in the game, you had to pray that no one would pick up the phone and kick you off. It was a constant battle, and you never knew when your game would come to a screeching halt.

But despite the frustrations, Doom was a blast to play. The graphics were revolutionary for their time, and the gameplay was fast and intense. I remember spending hours and hours playing with my friends, blasting our way through hordes of demons and monsters.

And let's not forget about the infamous cheat codes. Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start. We all knew the code by heart, and it gave us infinite lives, ammo, and all the weapons. It was the ultimate power trip, and we all loved it.

Looking back, Doom was the perfect game for its time. It was simple, addictive, and fun. It paved the way for a whole generation of online shooters, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. So here's to Doom, and all the memories it created. Long live the king of online shooters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Music that Defined Retro Gaming

In the golden era of retro gaming, few elements were as influential as the music that accompanied the gameplay. From catchy tunes that got s...